2008-10-25

On the road



Well, day 2 is done. Day one was pretty straight forward. Today was a bit tougher. I left Kerrville, TX around 5:30 AM and it was in the 40's when I left. It didn't warm up until around 10:30.  I was pretty chilly until after lunch. 

Ironically I didn't see any law enforcement folks until I got around Van Horn, TX. Then suddenly they were all over the place. At one point, the Texas DPS (highway patrol), had one car pulled over on the west side of the highway, and one person pulled over on the east side. The guy going west was having the worst day though, or at least I would assume so since they had him in cuffs standing next to the cruiser. 

I tend to get around 230 or so miles per tank on my bike. About 48 miles outside of Ft. Stockton my low fuel light came one. As luck would have it, I had just past a gas station. I looked at the GPS and had to get 47 miles before I would hit another gas station. As I watched the last fuel bar disappear from the display (I never knew it went away), I really began to worry. I made it to the gas station on fumes I'm sure. But you don't want to run out of gas in West Texas. 

I did pass the large wind farm that was built in West Texas. It was a bit too cold for me to have on my summer gloves, so I didn't take any photos, but it's pretty cool to see active wind farms again. When I lived in 29 Palms, CA, we use to watch the wind farm outside Palm Springs, CA going full tilt. 

Here are photos from todays ride: 2008-10-25



1 comment:

Tx_Paesan said...

Glad you made it moto man...