2008-12-24

Let the fun begin!


I'm a bit behind on updating this blog, sorry. I'll fill in the gaps. 

After a rough start, things got better on day 3. Our hotel in Panama City Beach, FL was right on the beach. We got in late (as usual, but we did make up 200+ miles too), so we didn't see much of anything when we rode in the night before. However, we awoke to the sounds of the beach. Seagulls, waves crashing along the sandy beaches, and occasional voices. The sky was clear and things looked good, but somewhere between looking out the window, getting dressed, and grabbing some breakfast downstairs in the hotel, the sky changed and the ground had a layer of wetness on it. Strange. 

After breakfast, we hopped on US 98 out of Panama City Beach and what a wonderful road that was. It travels along the shoreline and I mean, right along the shoreline. There are times the water from the bay, comes right up to the roadside. It was cooler than I expected, and about 20 miles into the trip, we stopped, add a layer of clothing and continue on our way. All day we tended to dance around with the rain. We missed 99 % of the rain, hitting on the occasional sprinkle and wet pavement. Today's ride was how I had planned the ride, or so I thought.  Having gotten a late start (are you noticing a pattern?), we arrived in Orlando.

Photos from day 3: Here

The next morning we hit Disney World. The reason Teri and Taylor made the trip. I made it for the ride. The Disney company has done a wonderful job of staying on message and making sure everything pleases you. It was wonderful, I even enjoyed it. Tom Sawyer island was a big hit with Taylor, we got to explore the island and have fun. 

Photo from Disney day 1: Here

We went to Epcot center the next day. It's interesting because I've seen and heard mixed reviews about Epcot. I'm not sure what people expect, but a lot of people say it's at most a 1/2 day event. I have not idea what they do there, but we were about an hour late in getting to the park, and left at closing and still didn't see everything.

Photos from Epcot (day 2): Here

Today we're off to the Animal Kingdom... See ya soon

No comments: